Thursday 30 November 2017

Into the Wilderness ... Tarbat Ness

Following my morning fishing at Portmahomack .. where I enjoyed my fill of mackerel ..it was time for a walk around Tarbat Ness.

Tarbat Ness lighthouse is the most easterly in Scotland and is the third highest. Its distinctive red bands make it a pretty photo on such a lovely summer day.



I then had a look round the Discovery Centre which features some fine Pictish relics and art works.



Although I was not so impressed with their whale vertebrae exhibit.



I think my own collection  of dead sea creature bones from my inflatable boat journeys is far more artistic.



I made this video to recall this fine day during the cold dark days of winter. Hope it makes you dream of summer weather again too.



Direct Link to video on U Tube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv6D4CXgvOs

No comments: