Wednesday 8 November 2017

Into the Wilderness .. Setting out .. Loch Leven & Glencoe


Perhaps I should mention at this point .. it was not Alcohol that was killing my liver . Although I enjoy a drink on occasion.. it is certainly not a habit.

My poison was a double cocktail of too much iron in my system (hemochromatosis) and also chronic HVC (long term Hepatitis C) I never even hear of these ..until my gall bladder was diseased by them ?

My liver was taking a pounding ..and in my imagination .. I worried over fears of needing a transplant ? .. or worse !!

My thoughts were very confused as I left home for a summer living In the Wilderness. I wanted to escape from deep thoughts so did what I know best .. escape to a wilderness that I am comfortable with.

Before heading north I stopped off at Glencoe and Loch Leven. These videos give a good insight into the boat I took on my travels . I was testing the waters and foraging for food to live off







2 comments:

Bursledon Blogger said...

Really glad to see you back and blogging again - I was just thinking about voyaging in a small rib and thought I'd look you up for reference - hadn't realised it had been such a long time.

Max

Donny Wilcox said...

Hey Hi again Bursledon Blogger .. great to see you are still around. I always enjoyed a browse of your blog in the past..so will check up on your progress too :-D

I know for me ..the boats that I use the most..(hence enjoy the most)..are the ones that are easiest to get on the water. That's why my small 2.75m is used 75% more than my very much larger heavy but faster Quicksilver. You will see from some posts I will present shortly..it took me to many places bigger boats go. In other words..it didn't hold me back.

Thanks again for commenting