Sunday 19 November 2017

Into the Wilderness .. A few Grey Gruinard Days

Refreshed from my blue sky day exploring the Summer Isles ... and cleansed by several hot showers at the campsite ... I felt it was time to move on again.

The weather turned to the grey “Scotch Mist” type of day where it neither rains nor does it turn dry. I was still happy just sitting in silent solitude ..doing absolutely nothing.


I found an open field gate not far from Little Loch Broom and with the four wheel drive car ..set up camp in a sheltered area of the field.


I stayed a couple of days .. happily beachcombing the area in between the light showers of rain




There are quite a few deserted sandy beaches and hidden coves on the edge of Gruinard Bay.

I longed for the sun to return as I was keen to launch my boat again and explore Gruinard Island as well as Priest Island. 

But when I awoke on the third consecutive dull day of damp .. and looked over to Gruinard Island .. I decided.. enough is enough.


The forecast over on the east coast was for much dryer weather ..so I nipped across to the Black Isle and Fortrose. I knew that area well from childhood days living in Dingwall.

That trip to the east coast inspired this video


Direct link to video on U Tube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv69So87NOg

No comments: