Tuesday 6 September 2011

Mallaig and the Hogwarts Express

The gale force winds and torrential rain we had today finally put an end to my journey in the wilderness but what an adventure I had. I explored the coastline all the way from the remote and desolate shores of Loch Nevis to south of Kentra Bay in Ardnamurchan. I even managed time to cross to the Island of Eigg and climb An Sgurr.

Sometimes I travelled alone in my inflatable, other times in my hard shell boat accompanying my brother in his kayak, and even sometimes I went by tour boat when it was too rough to go on my own. Lastly, I walked pasrts when it was too windy for any boat.

However ... regardless of my mode of transport... one thing is certain... I discovered a truelly magical land and found “my precious” in the beautiful barren lands of Moidart.

I hope I can recreate and share some of the sense of adventure I experienced in the following blogs. But first we must catch the Hogwarts Express. The steam train that takes students on a magical journey in the the Harry Potter movies. This Hogwarts Express leaves Fort William and goes to Mallaig where my journey begins.























I hope you catch the train too :-D

No comments: