Tuesday 27 March 2018

The Grey Man (Part Three)

This is the third and final part of my Grey Man adventure reminiscing my younger days wandering the Galloway Hills. It was a beautiful couple of days in one of my favourite wildernesses in Scotland ... and its in Southern Scotland..not the distant North.

Here are a few photos from my walk round The Merrick. Its always a tough hike in that area as paths are few..the ground is boggy.. and grass grows into tough tufts nicknamed "Dougals"  (after the hairy dog Dougal from the" Magic Roundabout" TV series for kids of my generation)

The Merrick from the summit of Benyellery


The summit cairn of The Merrick


Last of the winter's snow for this year ... on The Merrick (I hope?)


The islands of Loch Enoch..with its "Loch within a Loch" (The small loch on the island)


And the star of my story "The Grey Man" of the Merrick himself


Finally .. here is the video .. hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed getting the footage and telling the tale.


Direct link to the video on my U Tube channel

Best regards
DonnyW








No comments: