Thursday 4 August 2011

Skye and the high of another boating adventure

I had been following the weather forecast closely for a few day and hoped that the predicted area of high pressure over the western isles would turn to a reality. Last weekend it did and to celebrate, I decided to journey in a new location for me, an exposed sea loch that is reputed to have some of the best coastal scenery in the UK.

I left work a little early on the Friday and headed to the far flung edges of Isle of Skye. I arrived at my destination to late to launch the boat so set up camp in a lay by. I slept in the boat still on its trailer and was soon fast asleep, dreaming of the next day, a day full of towering sea cliffs, cavernous caves, natural arches and sea stacks larger than steeples. A new adventure was about to begin ....





No comments: