Wednesday 16 March 2011

The Magic of Skye

A couple of years ago, I thought I had won the lottery. No.... It felt better than winning the lottery.

The company I worked for asked if I wanted to do a year’s work on the Island of Skye. It had always been a dream of mine to retire there so I jumped at the chance. I wasn’t thinking about the work aspect. I was thinking about the photographic experience of capturing the Island in all kinds of weather and lighting conditions. I was dreaming of walks in the hills in the long light evenings of summer. I was longing for the peace and solitude of Broadford far away from the claustrophobic rat race of the city.

I hope to post many of the photos that I took of the sights that I saw as I made my way round the Island, by car, foot and boat. The magic journey starts on the mainland at the Kyle of Lochalsh.

Looking across Loch Alsh towards Sgurr na Coinnich on the east end of Skye



Boats moored at the Kyle harbour



The glass bottomed boat at the Kyle Pier. The Skye bridge in the background



The Skye bridge from the Kyle of Lochalsh



The Skye bridge bathing in the afterglow of a summer sunset

No comments: