Saturday 28 April 2012

Pooch Painting, Snoot and Scooby

It was a busy week for me. As well as a few walks, I also managed some more Pooch Painting practise. These two were for my own interest and were inspired and adapted from a couple of dog photographs in the National Geographic magazine.

I have not got a clue what they are called but I thought "Snoot" (He looks a bit snobby) suited the English Setter and "Scooby" (after Scooby Doo) suited the Great Dane. Im very happy with my progress in Pooch Painting, considering Im teaching myself :-D

Scooby was my first steps into trying to paint black fur. I couldn't face attempting an all black dog yet..in case it ends up looking like a black hole. The Great Dane is a lovely tan colour with an all black snitch. I think I handled the black colour well


Snoot was for more practise at long hair dogs.


3 comments:

Russell said...

Paintings getting better and better, Donny. See you tomorrow morning

Donny Wilcox said...

Thanks Russell ..I will be ready at 8 :-D

Unfortunately Holly will be staying at home..I had to carry her off a hill yesterday..with a sore paw.. I will tell that tale in the next blog

Dog Containment said...

I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity is so fantastic and working style so speedy. I think it may be help all of you. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beautiful blog with me. I appreciate it very much! Looking forward to another great blog. Good luck to the author! All the best!