Thursday 18 July 2013

Service as Normal ... will be resumed very soon.

I have been very negligent with my blog for the past month or so, simply because we had such a rotten cold, wet spring and early summer that I was not doing any adventuring ..then .. this past month..the weather swung to the other extreme where we now enjoying a heatwave and calm waters. I have been enjoying that many new adventures and experiences that I have not had time to post them. I hope to rectify that soon.

This photo was from last weeks adventure ..just to start dipping my toe in the water again.



Tomorrow I hope to purchase a new inflatable boat too. All going well..it will be a 4.3 meter Quicksilver HD SIB ..powered by a 25 Hp 2 stroke engine..so it will be a bit faster than the boats Im used to. It will also get me further into the more remote areas off the West coast of Scotland .. Hmmm..perhaps even a trip to the Corryvreckan ? :-o

Stay tuned to follow some new inflatable boat adventures................

4 comments:

Bursledon Blogger said...

Look forward to hearing about your new boat, I'm really interested in the capabilities of a small motor boat/inflatable - as lifelong sailor I simply haven't the experience - I am thinking about something which will get us safely around the Solent, small for transportation by car

http://bursledonblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Donny Wilcox said...

Hi Bursledon Blogger..I hope to make more regular posts in my blog again ..and they will be about my inflatables, so Im sure you will find something of interest.

I cant claim to have much experience.. but I have the will to adventure and have survived so far.

Perhaps to some..my open sea journeys have been a bit "ambitious" in the small inflatable and category D boat, but I very carefully watch the weather forecasts so my risks are much reduced.

In the past..I have kept away from strong tidal waters.. but with my new SIB.. aLL that will change.

Your blog looks very interesting too..so I will have a better look when I have a little more time.

Thanks for dropping by

threecollie said...

Beautiful photo! Looking forward to new posts.

Donny Wilcox said...

Hi Threecollie ..thanks again for your kind words.. and Im sure this journey and photos will not disappoint..it was one of my best days on the water yet :-D