Monday 12 November 2012

Ben Shain ...Continued

I must admit that I love the colours and clear atmosphere of Autumn on a lovely sunny day. Summer is now a distant hazy memory... of... wind and rain.

As I gained height the views over the sleepy village of Strathyre started to open up.


Loch Lubnaig glistened in the the low autumn sun, making it difficult to photograph but I managed an acceptable shot.


Approaching the summit of Ben Shain, I took a photograph of the valley that heads for Lochearnhead. The oranges, yellows and browns of the heathers and bracken seemed to frame the evergreen forests with gold.


Over towards the north west, Stobinian was easily recognised by its flat summit. Ben More and Cruach Ardrain were standing proudly by it's flanks. I stopped for a moment as time stood still, while I recalled distant memories of when I last stood on their summits in days gone by.


Over to the east Ben Vorlich and Stuc A'Chroin dominated the sky line and I also thought of the times I stood on their summits. I thought it was a great day to be out and about on the hills. Both the air and my memory of forgotten walks was very clear on this autumn day.


To be continued...

No comments: