Wednesday 14 February 2018

A Round of Ochils ... King's Seat ..Tarmangie .. and Whitewisp

Its been a great year for snow on the hills. It started for me in November last year and the hills are still getting fresh snow almost every other day. However its not good hill walking snow. Its soft and deep making it very difficult to walk through. It doesn’t stop me enjoying my hill walks but I have been sticking to my local Ochil Hills and keeping the walk length to six or seven miles.

Hopefully once the snow settles and consolidated I will get to the higher tops and longer walks. Im in no hurry to get there though.

Here is my latest video of a strenuous walk in the Ochils



Direct Link to video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M1Q3YMM0a8

And below is a previous video I posted when a warmer spell of weather hit the Ochils .. fooling me into thinking spring was in the air. Its not far off .. but there will be more cold fronts before the daffodils appear.



2 comments:

Douglas Wilcox said...

Great stuff Donald, even dog walking has been an extreme sport this winter, I have lost count of the number of times I have fallen, including the time when I was on the phone to you from my mobile!! :o)

Donny Wilcox said...

Hi Douglas .. yup..its hard going in the snow ..at least we enjoyed an easier day at Garroch Head :-D