Tuesday 9 January 2018

Sunrise on Ben A'An

The day after my dull day on Dumyat ... the forecast promised a high pressure area over Scotland. Clear blue sky and no wind. It was Sunday .. so I suspected everyone would be in the countryside walking off holiday season blues.

From my viewpoint on Dumyat I had noticed a fresh fall of snow on the hills. I decided to keep away from the high tops as I knew walking would be tough in deep soft snow. It takes a few thaws and re freezes before the snow would consolidate  enough for walking on without sinking up to my knees.

I still looked forward to a walk so chose a low top. Ben A'An is described as "The wee mountain with the big views". Its in the heart of the Trosssachs ..so only a 30 minute drive from my house.

I was up before dawn ..as I knew this hill would be busier than the high street the week before Xmas. It was ..people were like a trail of ants heading up the path to see the views. But none of them saw what I saw ?


The moon seen from my house just before driving to The Trosssachs. It was a freezing cold clear sky day.


The moment the sun started to appear just below the horizon


It cast a lovely pink alpenglow on the far horizon


Then touched the hills and trees with a golden glow 


Here is my story on video




Direct link to video on U Tube




No comments: